Saturday, August 23, 2008

Field of Monkeys

Maybe it's because I detasseled for 10 years? Maybe it's because of the countless ears consumed each summer? Maybe it's because I'm just a little corny?


Nope, I really do have a reason for this one, folks! My mom is the office guru at her local grain elevator and each year I create a special card to encourage her during the long hours of harvest season. I hope this little corny guy will keep her smiling even when the bushels start piling up all around!
To get the 2-tone monkey, I stamped the canvas background on one sheet, then the monkey on another. I cut out the body of the line stamped image and layered the empty space OVER the background cs. I figure it was easier than cutting and repositioning all the little white parts!
The bananas, er, corn even have bumpy kernals! The microbeads look kinda shiny in this photo, but in real life they look like the real thing.


Supplies: Sock Monkey, Canvas Background & Loads of Love Accessories Stamp Sets, Tangerine Tango, Barely Banana & Confetti White CS, Basic Black Ink, Real Red & Green Galore Markers, Oval & corner punches, Microbeads & Crystal Effects

2 comments:

Julie Davison said...

Was trying to figure out what was on the corn...microbeads! Genius! Love the card -- it's so cute!

Stacey Schafer said...

Having fun yet, Jessica! Sending you a little welcoming love...and I have a surprise for you on my blog!