Wednesday, March 4, 2009

One Month Ago...

Once upon a time, about a month ago, a young stamper stepped out of her crafting comfort zone and joined the ranks of 40+ other nervous cadets. Army? Navy? Air Force? Marines? Nope, nope, and nope. These cadets were of a more, ahem, delicate nature - Stampin' Up! demonstrators, to be exact. And for 6 weeks these women worked out, and stretched, and, frankly, wore out their creative and business heads in hopes of emerging renewed, refreshed, and refueled. (not to mention with a big old kick mark on the seat of their pants - meant to "encourage" growth as business women...ouchie!)
That long ago timid stamper(yes, me!), was previously quite happy to simply play on Stampergarten every day. My 6-week experience as a cadet in Stamping Boot Camp with Jackie Bolhuis forced me to set concrete goals, re-evaluate and establish my priorities, and, heaven forbid, CLEAN OFF MY DESK!!
Yet despite enduring these hardships, I have emerged a better stamper, demonstrator, mom, wife, and yes, ME. I have new projects and plans. New ambitions and dreams. New papercuts and inkstains!

And I'm back to play...

My boys LOVE to do "yogurt" with my mom, a.k.a. Gramma T. I captured these shots whilst a rigorous session was underway! I really like how these latest Progressive pages came together.

6x6
8 1/2 x 11
12 x 12
Opposite page created using the same progressive model...



Stampset: Good Friend

Cardstock: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red

Paper: Washington Apple DSP

Inks: Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie

Punches: Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, 1" Circle

Accessories: Sponge Daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Circle Ice Brads, Bashful Blue Grosgrain Ribbon


No comments: