Friday, March 6, 2009

Our oldest son turned 17 this week. 17 Wait a minute, isn't that how old WE are?? Sigh.

Not just any ole card would do for our college-inspecting star...so I turned to the Splitcoast technique challenge from last week for a little inspiration. This unique background effect was made quite simply by wrapping rubber bands around a block, stamping the block in Versamark, then randomly across the cardstock. Next, I used gold embossing powder and my heat tool to bring out the crisscrossed imagery. Cool, huh? This could be adapted to SO many different styles of stamp sets - but I stuck with the masculine moment and resorted to his school colors of black, red, and white.

Stampset: Starring You

Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White

Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Other gold marker

Accessories: Black grosgrain ribbon, gold brad, 1 3/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, gold embossing powder, heat tool

1 comment:

Queen of Not A Lot said...

I'm likin' the non-flower aspect. Only cuz I need non-pretty ideas. Men.